The Getting to…series is a home-grown Australian music publishing initiative that has developed into a phenomenon. Originally intended to be no more than a three book series, Getting to Preliminary, Getting to Grade One and Getting to Grade Two were launched in October 2003. Eight years and ten books later, the Getting to…series has transformed teaching (and learning) the piano for many across Australia and New Zealand.
Each book contains roughly 30 pieces of the best educational piano repertoire from the Baroque through to the present day, organised in a logical teaching sequence which develops pianistic and performance skills as well as providing students with an extraordinary breadth of musical experience from their earliest years.
Not just a collection of old favourites, not just a collection of new masterpieces, the Getting to… series is an essential component of your piano teaching in 2012 and for years to come.
And YES you can use these collections in exams! For example check out below all of the Getting to Preliminary Grade pieces that are included in the AMEB Syllabus!
Getting to Preliminary Grade
- Diabelli Bagatelle (Op.125 No.7) – List B Preliminary
- Haydn Quadrille – List B Preliminary
- Hook Gavotta – List B Preliminary
- Kabalevsky The Little Hedgehog – List A Preliminary
- Kodosa Allegretto Leggiero – List C Preliminary
- Milne Salt and Pepper – List C Preliminary
- Mozart Minuet in F Major (PFL Prelim)
- Reinagle Promenade – List A Grade One
- Schostakovich March (PFL Prelim)
- Shostakovich March, Opus 69 No.1 – List C Grade One
- Telemann Gavotte in C Major – List A Grade One